The Kingman Clean City Commission sponsors the Community Clean-up Program, also known as the
Roving Dumpster Program. This clean-up is
available free of charge to all members of residential households in the City of Kingman and in
neighboring areas of Mohave County. Large roll-off dumpsters are provided at the clean-up which
are manned by Clean City Commission volunteers, work crews from the state prison, and City
- Residents may bring the following items to the Fairgrounds on the scheduled clean-up day:
- Bagged household trash, tires without rims, and yard debris
- Household items such as mattresses, carpet, furniture, lumber, fencing, and windows
- Small appliances and electronic items including TVs and computers
- Items that cannot be accepted include:
- Unbagged garbage and trash, tire with rims, and motors and transmissions.
- Waste of any kind from commercial businesses and landscapers.
- Hazardous waste of any kind including: Propane tanks, items with Freon such as
refrigerators, air conditioning units, and coolers, anti-freeze, oil, paint, pesticides,
fertilizers, and car batteries.
- Also, no trailers over 12-feet in length will be accepted at the clean-up.
Normally three clean-ups are held each year in February, May
and October. The date of the next scheduled clean-up is typically posted on the city’s website
one month prior in September, January and April. Please check back here frequently for updates
on the clean-up schedule.
Any questions can be directed to Rich Ruggles at the City of Kingman Development Services Department at (928)
Hazardous Waste: Hazardous waste items such as paint, cleaning chemicals, etc... can be taken to the Mohave County Landfill or disposed of at a Hazardous Waste Clean Up event that is sometimes held in conjunction with the Clean City Commissions Community Clean Up Day. For more information please visit the Mohave County website at http://www.mohavecounty.us