In accordance with A.R.S. §9-499.15, public notice is hereby given that the Kingman City Council is considering the following transaction privilege tax (TPT) rate changes:
- Allowing the 0.50% increased TPT rate to expire on December 31, 2017 and permanently increasing the TPT rate by 0.50% effective January 1, 2018, making the TPT rate 2.50%; or,
- Removing the December 31, 2017 sunset date on the 0.50% increased TPT rate and making the 0.50% increased TPT rate permanent effective September 1, 2017, making the TPT rate 2.50%.
In addition to the above-mentioned TPT rate change considerations, the Kingman City Council is also considering the following TPT rate changes:
- Increasing the TPT rate by 0.25% to 2.75% of which 0.25% will be dedicated towards pavement preservation; or,
- Increasing the TPT rate by 0.50% to 3.00% of which 0.50% will be dedicated towards pavement preservation; or,
- Increasing the TPT rate by 0.75% to 3.25% of which 0.75% will be dedicated towards pavement preservation; or,
- Increasing the TPT rate by 1.00% to 3.50% of which 1.00% will be dedicated towards pavement preservation;
Rate changes dedicated towards transportation pavement preservation would become effective no earlier than September 1, 2017 and no later than December 31, 2017.
The City Council invites you to a public hearing where this item will be discussed and to give you an opportunity to provide input on this proposal. The public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM at:
City Council Chambers
310 North Fourth Street
Kingman, AZ 86401
At the March 7, 2017 City Council meeting, information related to this item was discussed. Further information on this item is available at the City Clerk’s Office at 310 N. 4th Street, Kingman, AZ 86401 or may be accessed via the link to Council agendas from this website.
A.R.S. §9-499.15 Supporting Report