Parks Facilities to Reopen Saturday May 16
After Governor Ducey begins to phase in re-opening Arizona, Kingman city parks will reopen Saturday, May 16, 2020, with aquatics facilities (pools and splash pad) opening May 25, 2020 (weather permitting). Tennis courts will be available, basketball hoops will be re-installed, skate park will be opened, and playground equipment will be available for use. Ramadas and ball fields can also be rented, when CDC guidelines are followed. Recreation programs will resume in June, with class sizes being at 10 or less for indoor activities and following CDC guidelines of social distancing. At that time, parents will be allowed to drop off and pick up outside facility doors, and outside programming will occur when following CDC guidelines. Kingman Parks team members are working with league and tournament representatives regarding usage and requirements. For more information, please call the Kingman Parks and Recreation Department at (928) 757-7919 and check social media for updates, as well.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19, health officials have issued the following recommendations:
· Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Don’t make close contact with sick individuals.
· If you are sick, stay home.
· Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
· Clean and disinfect objects that are frequently touched.
· If someone in your family tested positive for COVID-19, keep that entire household at home.
· Cancel or postpone mass gatherings of 10 or more people.
For more information, visit https://www.cityofkingman.gov/government/advanced-components/covid-19-microsite