Regularly Scheduled Meetings - Second Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers
The Planning and Zoning Commission is advisory to the Common Council and functions in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes '9-461 and the Kingman Code of Ordinances (Chapter 2, Article VIII, Section 2-130 et. seq.).
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall have and possess the following powers, and such other powers as may be incidental to the successful carrying out of the powers vested in it herein or such as may be expressly conferred upon it by law:
- To make such surveys, studies, maps, plans or plats of the whole or any portion of the city and or any land outside thereof, which in the opinion of the commission bears relation to a comprehensive plan, and shall submit such plan to the Common Council with its studies and recommendations and it may publish the same.
- To make recommendations for the location of the erection of statuary, memorial or work of art in public places; public buildings; bridges; viaducts, street fixtures, public structures or appurtenances and the sites thereof.
- To make recommendations upon plans, plats or replats of subdivisions or resubdivisions in the City which show streets, alleys or other portions of the same intended to be dedicated for the public use.
- To make recommendations for street, park, parkway, boulevard, traffic ways or other public improvements.
- To carry on comprehensive studies of present conditions and the future growth of the City in order to guide and accomplish a coordinated, adjusted and harmonious development of the city in accordance with the present and future needs.
- To prepare a comprehensive plan regarding the height, number of stories and size of buildings and other structures; the percentage of lot that may be occupied; the size of yards, courts and open spaces; the density of population; the location and use of buildings, structures and land for trade, industry, residence, or other purposes.
- To conduct public hearings upon the adoption of such comprehensive plan or any amendments thereto, and on zoning ordinance changes.
- To recommend to the Council from time to time, as conditions require, amendments, supplements, changes or modifications in the comprehensive plan, or zoning, sign or subdivision ordinances.
- M. Christopher Cox
- Gary Fredrickson
- Elizabeth Goss
- Charmayne Keith
- Scott McCoy
- Jed Noble
- Terry Shores
Council Liaison: Councilwoman Jamie Scott-Stehly
Information regarding the Planning and Zoning Commission can be obtained from
Chris Young, Director
Community Development Department
310 N. Fourth St.
Kingman, Az 86401