The Citizens Academy is a free civic education program for those who want to learn more about how the City of Kingman operates. Through interactive department presentations, tours, and discussions, participants will discover how the City builds roads and parks, keeps the community safe, manages day-to-day operations, and plans for future growth.
This program is presented in seven sessions spread over approximately eight weeks. The Academy is open to City of Kingman residents 18 years of age and older.
You may be interested in the Citizens Academy if you are:
- Interested in your City and community
- Interested in running for office or volunteering for a City Commission
- Involved in the community or curious about how the City works
- New to the City of Kingman or have lived here a long time
- Pay taxes and want to know how that money is being spent
Winter dates to be announced, soon!