Parks & Recreation
3333 Harrison Rd
Kingman, AZ 86409
Phone: (928) 757-7919
Fax: (928) 757-1766
In order to meet the needs of numerous aquatic groups, the Kingman Parks and Recreation Department takes this into consideration and offers various programs to meet the needs of all ages and types of swimming abilities. If you are interested in learning how to swim, participate in lap swim, free swim, water aerobics or just sitting in the pool, it is offered at one of our pool locations. Centennial Pool is a deep water 50-meter pool offering a 140’ water-slide, concessions, picnic tables, and shade area. It is ideal for strong swimmers. Grandview Pool is a smaller neighborhood pool with a baby pool, wheelchair ramp, grass area, and picnic tables. Centennial (757-7910) and Grandview (753-8155) pool will open to the public on May 2019.
Pool Rules and Information
- Chaperone must be at least 18 years of age.
- Chaperone of non-swimming children must be in a bathing suit and be actively participating in the water with their children at all times. Two non-swimmers per adult.
- All swimmers are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
- Appropriate swimming attire only. No denim, cut-off shorts, spandex, etc.
- Swim diapers are required for young children. Regular diapers are prohibited in the pool. Swim diapers are available for purchase if needed. ($0.50)
- Food, gum, and candy are prohibited in the pool area. No glass containers, alcohol, drugs, weapons, & tobacco products.
- No running, diving, flips, or horseplay of any kind.
- Do not sit or pull on lane ropes or diving blocks.
- Lap swimming is only allowed in designated lap lanes. Everyone must be prepared to share a lane.
- Breath-holding games or breath holding training is not permitted.
- No animals allowed in the pool area with the exception of service animals.
- Anyone having open cuts, wounds, etc. is not permitted in the pool.
- The City of Kingman is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Unacceptable behavior is grounds for being removed from the facility.
- Only small flotation devices such as beach balls or pool noodles will be allowed in the pool unless otherwise noted by a manager.
- Small ice chest with water may be brought into the facility after it has been cleared by a manager.
Staff reserves the right to enforce other rules as necessary to ensure the safety of our guests.
For all other pool rules please read signs at each pool or contact the pool manager at Centennial pool at 757-7910 or Grandview at 753-8155.
Private Pool Rentals
Do you want it to be just your group? We offer private pool parties at both of our pools. Hurry in because there are limited times slots available and they fill up quickly. The price and times vary depending on the pool and your request. For further information call the Parks and Recreation at 757-7919.
Free Splash Day
The Recreation Department has set aside Wednesday, July 4th as a FREE swim day at both City pools for the citizens of Kingman. Games & contest will be held throughout the day. The event is open to everyone during the 1:00-5:00 pm open swim.
Refund and Credit Policy
Refunds and/or credits will only be issued for daily admission fees if a child is unable to swim due to height restriction and a pool manager has instructed a refund. Refunds and/or credits will not be issued due to weather or any other unforeseen reasons that are not under our normal control. Please keep this in mind when you come to swim on days with poor weather.
In order to maintain the training of the staff at the pool facilities, we will do training drills throughout the summer. These drills may take place at any given time at either pool and may occur in any location of the facility. The drills will last approximately 10-15 minutes in length from start to finish. These drills are extremely important for training purposes and should be treated no differently than a real situation. The City of Kingman pool staff would like to “Thank You” in advance for your participation & cooperation in these drills.
Season Pass / Punch Pass
A season pass will be available for lap swim/ adult leisure times only for $45 for the summer at both pools. This pass may not be used for any other reason. If you would like to receive a discount for any other open swim times you may purchase a punch pass. The punch pass is $20 for 10 swims for all ages. Aqua Fit and Aqua Kinetics also offer punch passes for $30 for 10 punches. You will be responsible for your lap swim pass and/or punch pass; the City of Kingman will not be responsible for any lost or stolen passes at any time and will not issue a new pass at any time for any reason. The season pass is only good for the swim season of 2018 and may not be used for any other swim season.
Fees & Hours of Operation for Pools
CLOSED UNTIL MAY 2019
Swimming Lesson Information
Lesson registration will be available at Centennial & Grandview pool during the following dates & times. Lesson levels will be available to view prior to registration prior to each session. Levels will vary depending on need & instructor availability. When registering please inform us of your child’s swim ability and any special concerns that we should know about to better assist your child. This will help with placing them in the most suited class.
Swimming Lesson Fees
- Parent & Child (6 months-36 months) = $20
- Preschoolers Level 1-3 (3-5 yrs.) = $22
- Learn to Swim Level 1-4 (Ages Vary) = $22
- Learn to Swim Level 5-6 (Ages Vary) = $20
(Monday-Thursday) 30 Minute Swim ClassesSCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019
|Session||Registration Dates||Session Dates|
|Session 1||SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019|
|Session 2||SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019|
|Session 3||SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019|
|Session 4||SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019|
|Session 5||SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED MAY 2019|
Grandview Lesson Times
- 5:20-5:55 pm
- 5:55-6:25 pm
- 6:30-7:00 pm
Centennial Lesson Times
- 9:15-9:45 am
- 10:00-10:30 am
- 10:45-11:15 am
- 11:30 am-12:00 pm