The Human Resources Department's focus is to align itself to the City's strategic plan and to operate as a strategic partner in assisting all departments to achieve their goals. Our vision is to be an innovative department, providing exemplary professional support services to City departments and City employees.
- Provides services to City departments in recruitment, development and retention
- Provides services to City department in interpretation and application of federal and state labor laws and the City Rules and Regulations
- Implements and administers the City's generous benefit programs
- Assists departments and employees in areas of employee relation issues, worker's compensation, classification and compensation
- Provides services in organizational and employee development programs
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment
- Equal employment opportunity
Risk management contributes to the City's success by controlling the adverse effects that accidental losses might otherwise have on our organization's ability to meet its objectives.
The objective of the City's Risk Management division is to administer the general liability insurance program for loss occurrences and implement loss prevention techniques to minimize the cost of risk to the City.
How to File a Claim
Claim forms may be obtained at the Risk Management office located in City Hall at 310 North Fourth Street. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Risk Management division will investigate and process all claims for damages.