Public Transit Superintendent
3700 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman, AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 681-7433 (RIDE)
or (928) 692-3103
Fax: (928) 692-3120
KART Curb-to-Curb Route Deviation Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART) provides Curb-to-Curb service for persons who find it difficult to access our fixed route stops.
You must register with KART for this service and advance reservations are required. A reservation form is attached and a pre-addressed return envelope is enclosed for your convenience. This service is provided as a deviation of the fixed route bus, rather than a separate para-transit service such as Dial-a-Ride. The fixed route transit vehicle will deviate off the regular route to pick you up at your location. The transit vehicle then resumes the fixed route until it deviates again to take you to your scheduled drop off location. If your drop off address is not along the same route as your pick up address, your trip may include a transfer from one route bus to another. There will be no additional charge to transfer buses when traveling per your scheduled Curb-to-Curb route deviation. Curb-to-Curb route deviation is typically provided up to ¾ miles of the fixed route. However, because each route has a specific hourly schedule to follow, some locations within ¾ miles of the fixed route may still be considered outside the service area. This may be due to limited access or other geographical condition that would require an excessive amount of time for the transit vehicle to deviate from and then return to its fixed route.
It is KART’s policy to avoid backing-up the vehicle whenever possible. Therefore, if a requested location does not have adequate space for the vehicle to enter and exit without backing-up, then we will pick-up or drop-off as close as safely possible. In residential areas, your pick-up and drop-off location may be on the opposite side of the street. Curb-to-Curb route deviation is available during regular service hours on each of KART’s four routes. Routes are identified as Red, Blue Green and Yellow.
The Red and Blue routes operate Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. The Green and Yellow routes operate Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. All four routes operate Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. There is no service available on Sunday or on City of Kingman observed holidays. Curb-to-Curb deviations are available on a first come first served basis. The number of deviations that can be scheduled per service hour varies depending on the amount of time each specific deviation requires. Openings tend to fill up quickly and date and/or time requested may not be available. You are encouraged to contact our dispatch office as early as possible, to schedule your trip.
This service is available to the general public at the rate of $6.00 each way. Seniors age 60 and over and persons with a disability qualify for a reduced rate of $3.00 each way when the required documentation is provided. For more information or to request a registration form, call (928) 681-7433 or click here.
- Make sure your house number is clearly visible
- If you require special assistance or wheelchair lift, please inform dispatch at the time of your reservation.
- When you go shopping, packages must be tied shut and kept out of the aisles. Drivers can help you load and unload bags from the bus, but cannot help you carry them to your house.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All items must be kept out of the aisles and away from exit doors.
- Eating, smoking or weapons are not allowed on the transit vehicles.
- Only water drinks are allowed and must have tight lids.
- Audio devices must have earphones.
- Do not engage in conversation with the transit operator while the bus is in motion.
- Transit vehicles are equipped with seatbelts & car seats, their use is required.
- Shirts and shoes required.
- Service animals are welcome.
- The transit operator will have the authority to refuse service to persons who are intoxicated or disruptive or are a health issue. The comfort and safety of our passengers is our top priority.
- KART is NOT responsible for items left on the transit vehicles.
Scheduling Curb-To-Curb Service
You may schedule service up to one month in advance or as late as 3:00 pm the day before. The transit office is available at 681-7433 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
All trips must be scheduled through the transit office.
When you call to schedule your trip please have your information ready and be brief. Give the dispatcher the following information:
- Your pick-up location
- Your destination including the street address
- The time you need to be at your destination
- The time you wish to be picked up
Note: KART requires that you schedule both ends of a round trip in advance.
KART is a shared service used by many people. If you decide not to make a scheduled trip, please call by 3:00 pm the day before to cancel.
If you cancel your scheduled trip less than one hour in advance you may be charged $3.00 which must be paid before you are provided service again.
If you do not cancel and simply do not show up for a scheduled trip you may be charged $3.00 which must be paid before you are provided service again.
The transit office must be notified when a trip is cancelled. If you call the office after hours you may leave a message.
One-Call Subscription Service
If you have a regular curb-to-curb trip that you make daily, weekly, or on certain days each month you can sign up for KART’s subscription service
- Call the transit office to schedule your subscription
- After you have scheduled your subscription the transit vehicle will pick you up automatically…there is no need to call each time
- You will need to call if you decide to cancel. No shows or late cancels may be charged $3.00 (see Canceling Curb-to-Curb for details)
Notes on Using Curb-to-Curb
We will pick you up as close to your front door as possible but be watching for the bus. KART recommends that you be ready 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
Transit Operators are only able to wait for two minutes before leaving