Although City of Kingman offices have re-opened to the public, access to the Kingman EZ Recycling Drop Program site remains unavailable until further notice.  Follow this link for more  COVID-19 Information.

Municipal Court

Judge Jeffrey Singer
219 North Fourth Street
Kingman, AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 753-8193

Mon-Thur 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Contact Us

Criminal Traffic

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you have been charged with a criminal traffic offense and you were cited and released, your first Court appearance will be your "Arraignment".

The following criminal traffic offenses may be paid without an appearance before the Court. If the officer provided a bond envelope to you, follow the mail in directions. Acceptable forms of payment by mail are money order or certified check. The Court does not accept personal checks. If you wish to pay the deposit with your credit card and you received a bond envelope, complete the payment portion and mail it to the Court. If you did not receive a bond envelope, the Court will need a written authorization letter signed by you with a copy of your credit card (front and back). The authorization letter may be obtained at the link below.

Criminal Traffic Bond Schedule

Violation Fine Amount
28-622A 230.00
28-1524 215.00
28-1595A 235.00
28-2322 200.00
28-3474 210.00
28-3480 195.00
28-4544C/D 190.00
28-7056A 205.00

About Your Arraignment

The purpose of your "Arraignment" is to:

  • Inform you of the charge(s) against you
  • To provide you with a copy of the complaint, if you do not already have one
  • To inform you of your constitutional rights
  • To advise you of the possible immigration consequences
  • To answer any questions you might have
  • To have you enter a plea to the charge(s).
  • To schedule your next Court date if one is necessary. The law requires us to set many cases for another Court date in order to provide the Prosecutor’s Office enough time to obtain your motor vehicle records, to contact alleged victims in your case and to obtain restitution information.
  • To determine your release conditions

The following are your constitutional rights:

  • You have the right to remain silent and not to say anything about the charges
  • You have the right to be represented by an attorney at all proceedings in your case and to have an attorney appointed to represent you if you are eligible
  • You are presumed innocent unless the State can prove you guilty by a standard called “beyond a reasonable doubt”
  • You have the right to have a trial in which the State must present evidence against you and at which time you may confront and cross-examine any witnesses against you
  • You have the right to have the Court issue subpoenas free of charge to compel witnesses of your choosing to appear and testify
  • If found guilty at the trial, you have the right to appeal that decision to a higher court 

About Your Plea

When you appear before the Judge, you will be required to enter a plea. You have the following plea options:

Note: If you are not a citizen of the United States, pleading guilty or no contest to a crime may affect your immigration status. Admitting guilt may result in deportation even if the charge is later dismissed. Your plea or admission of guilt could result in your deportation or removal, could prevent you from ever being able to get legal status in the United States or could prevent you from becoming a United State citizen.


You admit every element of the charge(s) that the State accuses you of doing. You will have a conviction for the charge(s) and there will be a record of the conviction in this Court. Sentence will be imposed. (You will receive a penalty.)

No Contest

You do not admit guilt but do not desire to contest the charge(s). If the Judge accepts your plea, you would be found guilty. You will have a conviction for the charge(s) and there will be a record of the conviction in this Court. The sentence will be imposed. (You will receive a penalty.)

If you plead guilty or no contest, you give up your constitutional rights. The Judge will usually sentence you on the same day.

Not Guilty

You are denying the charge(s) against you and want the State to prove them. You will be given a new Court date and time to appear for a Pre-trial Conference. At that time, you may review the police report in the case and try to resolve the case (enter into a plea agreement) with the City Prosecutor or be set for trial.

You should enter a plea of Not Guilty if you are not sure what to do or if you want to think about it further. A plea of Not Guilty has the effect of keeping your options open for a while. You can later decide to change your plea to Guilty or No Contest. You will not receive a harsher sentence simply because you did not plead guilty at your arraignment.

Pre-Trial Conference

It is mandatory that you attend EVERY Court date, including a Pre-Trial Conference. If you have a lawyer, your lawyer must come with you. If you do not attend the Pre-Trial Conference, it will be a violation of a Court Order and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

At your Pre-Trial Conference, you or your lawyer may discuss your case with a prosecutor. The prosecutor will also allow you to review the police report. For a fee, the Kingman Police Department or other law enforcement agency will provide you with a copy of the report. A prosecutor will advise you of the sentence the State intends to recommend in the event you are found guilty. At this point, you will have several choices:

  1. You can change your plea to Guilty or No Contest and enter into a plea agreement with the prosecutor. You will receive a new Court date and time setting your case for Change of Plea. If the Judge accepts the plea agreement, the sentence will usually be imposed at the Change of Plea hearing. If the Judge refuses to accept the plea agreement or refuses to accept its terms, you may withdraw your plea agreement and set your case for trial or request the opportunity to present the plea agreement to another Judge.
  2. You can change your plea to Guilty or No Contest and enter your plea directly to the Court. If the Judge accepts your plea, the sentence will usually be imposed on the same day. Without a plea agreement, the Judge may sentence you to any amount within the range of minimum and maximum penalties as set by law. If the Judge refuses to accept your plea to the Court, your case will be set for trial.
  3. You can reject the plea agreement offered by a prosecutor and decide not to plead to the Court. A status hearing and trial date will be set for your case.
  4. With good cause being shown, you can request a continuance of the Pre-Trial Conference 

About Your Trial

Do you need a lawyer?
Only you can answer this question. You may represent yourself, request the Judge appoint an attorney to represent you if you are eligible or you may hire a lawyer. If the Court appoints an attorney to represent you, the Judge may order you to reimburse some or all of the fees associated with paying that lawyer.
Note: The Court is not required to appoint a lawyer in all cases or circumstances.

What should you do before the trial?
You must make any necessary preparations for your trial to include locating evidence in your favor. If you want witnesses ordered to appear for you, ask the Court to issue subpoenas for your witnesses. You must provide a physical address for service and a phone number, if available. You must prepare in advance any photographs, sketches or maps that might help you explain your case. It is important for you to appear at the Status Hearing and be prepared to discuss this information. A Status Hearing is set to make sure that all parties are ready to proceed to trial.

What happens at the trial?
A prosecutor will present the State's case usually through the testimony of witnesses and/or the introduction of exhibits, photographs, sketches, maps and similar items. You will have a right to cross-examine each witness the State presents. You may present witnesses or other evidence on your behalf if you choose. You may testify on your own behalf. If you choose to testify, you will be subject to cross-examination by the prosecutor. Whether you testify or not is entirely your decision because you have the absolute right to remain silent and no one can force you to testify. If you choose not to testify, this action can NEVER be used against you for any purpose.

After both sides present their case, the Judge or jury will make a decision based on the evidence. If you are found Not Guilty, you will not have a record of any conviction and any bond that you have posted will be refunded.

If you are found Guilty, you will have a conviction for the charge(s), the Judge may impose sentence after the trial or set a date for sentencing, and there will be a record of your conviction in this Court. If you are convicted, you have a right to appeal the conviction and/or the sentence by filing a Notice of Appeal within 14 days after the action being appealed. The Appellate Division of the Mohave County Superior Court would determine whether this Court’s decision was correct. The appeal would be a review of the record of the case. You would not automatically receive a new trial.