2730 E. Andy Devine Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 753-2191
Fax: (928) 753-2542
Lobby Hrs: 7:00 AM-6:00 PM (M-Th except holidays)
Chief: Rusty Cooper
Careers with Kingman Police Department
- Join the KPD Team - Apply Here
- Lateral Officer Informational Pamphlet
- Honor, Integrity, Courage...Career
- Upcoming Officer Testing Informational Meetings
- Testing Process
- Useful Information
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Kingman Police Department.
In addition to the official job benefits package, a career with the Kingman Police Department offers many intangible benefits such as meaningful work, a chance to have a positive impact on your community, the opportunity to forge lifelong friendships, challenging experiences and the excitement of an ever-changing variety of calls for service.
All applicants will be evaluated based on assessment of relevant training and experience. Qualified applicants who best possess the skill, knowledge, and abilities necessary to maintain an effective and respected law enforcement agency will be invited to participate in the testing process. The police department only accepts applications for "open" positions that have been announced and for which we are actively recruiting. General applications are not accepted.
All position are defined as safety sensitive. Applicants are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing at employment; and subsequent to commencement of employment will be subject to random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, return to duty, and follow-up testing.
- Uniform Patrol
- K9 Unit
- Motorcycle Unit
- School Resource
- Drug Interdiction
- Crime Prevention
- Code Enforcement
- Criminal Investigations
- Traffic Enforcement
- Bomb Squad
- Gang Interdiction
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Community Policing
- Honor Guard
- Generous Paid Leave Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- (Dependent Coverage Available)
- AZ Public Safety Personnel Retirement
- Take Home Car Program
- 3 Day Weekend (Every 2 weeks)
- Uniform & Equipment Provided
- Paid Overtime or Comp Time
- Shift Differential Pay
- Specialized Assignment Compensation
- Education Incentives
- Annual Training
- Cutting-Edge Crime Fighting Strategies
- Latest Technology
- and many more fantastic benefits...
Big enough to make a difference... small enough to see it.
Looking to serve and interested in a career in Law Enforcement? Please join us for an Informative meeting at:
The Kingman Police Department
2730 E. Andy Devine Ave.
Kingman, AZ 86401
Meetings: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 5:30 pm - and - Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 5:30 pm
* Informative meetings are not mandatory for employment and application purposes, however, are meant to educate the applicant to be successful through the hiring process. Attendance at only one meeting is recommended, as each session will be the same.
Email KPDRecruiter with questions about meeting or testing process.
Applicants who are determined qualified after review of submitted applications will be invited to participate in testing. Applicants are advised to schedule two days for part of the testing process. The City reserves the right to consider only the most highly qualified applicants as the examination process progresses.
- Written Examination
- Assessment Center
- Physical Agility Test (POPAT)
- Oral Board Review
- Extensive Background Examination
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
- Post-Employment Medical Examination / Drug Screen