2730 E Andy Devine Av
Kingman, AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 753-2191
Fax: (928) 753-2542
Lobby Hrs: 7:00 AM-6:00 PM (M-Th except holidays)
Chief: Robert DeVries
The City of Kingman has initiated a citywide effort to protect the public health, safety and welfare of our community; as well as your investment in property values and quality of life in your neighborhood. Municipal codes have been adopted to establish regulations in our community.
Chapter 7, Article IV. Sec. 7-165
Public Nuisances and Property Maintenance
- Junk, Trash & Debris
City code states that no person shall allow, deposit, store, accumulate or maintain garbage, trash, refuse, rubbish, litter or junk that is visible from beyond the lot boundaries.
- Abandoned, Junk & Inoperable Vehicles
City code states that in residential areas, all junk vehicles being stored, restored or repaired for longer than 10 days shall be kept within a lawful structure or behind a lawful fence in such a manner as not to be visible from beyond the lot boundaries.
- Excessive Weeds
No owner or occupant of land, whether improved or unimproved, shall allow weeds to grow in excess of 12 inches high or which is dead or so dry as to constitute a fire hazard.
No owner or occupant of land, whether improved or unimproved, shall allow trees, shrubs, or plant growth on that land to encroach or impede, obstruct or interfere with passage on any street, sidewalk or alley within the city or to obstruct visibility of any traffic control device or signal.
- Commercial Vehicle in Residential
In residential zones, it shall be unlawful for any person to park or store and for an owner or occupant of land to allow or permit any person to park or store on the owner’s or occupant’s land any commercial vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) exceeding 13,000 pounds or having dual rear wheels exceeding 17 inches in diameter.
- Prohibited Yard Sale Signs
No person shall place any sign in any public right-of-way or attach any sign to any public utility structure, traffic control device, traffic light standard, or similar structure, except those permitted by the City of Kingman.
- Outdoor Sales
Except for permitted activities, it shall be unlawful for any person to display any article for sale outdoors on any property, improved or unimproved; and no owner of property shall allow such outdoor displays.
- Vehicles Parked for Sale
No person shall park or permit to be parked any vehicle, boat, ATV, RV, trailer, or motorcycle, etc., to be displayed for sale upon any right-of-way, lot or unimproved property, whether publicly or privately owned. Except:
Written consent from owner of property
Displayed only from dawn until dusk
Not more than 1 vehicle per property
Zoning Ordinance 26.830
- Outdoor Storage
Storage of boats, trailers, campers, etc. shall not be stored in required front yards. Such storage shall be in a space developed in such manner as not to be detrimental to surrounding properties.
- Shopping Carts
It shall be unlawful to remove a cart from the premises of any business establishment.
- Abandoned or junk vehicle: Any vehicle that is partially or wholly dismantled, discarded, wrecked, on blocks or similar devices, stripped, or scrapped; or a vehicle with one (1) or more deflated tires or from which a wheel or tire has been removed; or any motor vehicle which is inoperable due to mechanical failure or mechanical disassembly or other reasons which may also be evidenced by the absence of a current registration or license plate lawfully assigned or affixed thereto.
- Junk: Items that in their present state are of little or no apparent or objective economic value, except that which is confined within an industrial or commercial area in compliance with the Kingman Zoning Ordinance, including but not limited to discarded or scrapped furniture; glass, metal, paper, or machinery parts; inoperative machinery or appliances; vehicle bodies or parts, including tires; building material; litter; or discarded or empty containers. Junk also includes all types of solid waste described in the Kingman Municipal Utilities Regulations.
- Litter: Any rubbish, refuse, waste materials, weeds, paper, glass, cans, bottles, organic or inorganic trash, debris, dead animals, or any foreign substance of any kind or description, including abandoned or junk vehicles, regardless of their value.
- Refuse: All biodegradable or non-biodegradable solid or semisolid wastes, except human excreta, but including garbage, rubbish, ashes, trash, manure, dead animals, junk vehicles, construction materials and industrial wastes.
- Rubbish: All non-biodegradable solid wastes, excluding ashes, consisting of both combustible and noncombustible wastes, such as paper, cardboard, waste metal, tin cans, yard clippings, wood, glass, bedding, crockery, construction and similar materials.
- Stored: Parking, leaving, locating, keeping, maintaining, depositing, remaining, or being physically present on private property.
- Street or highway: The entire width between the boundary lines or every way publicly owned or maintained.
- Trash: Paper, rags, old clothing, paper containers, pieces of wood, rubber or plastic, boxes, barrels or crates, construction materials, feathers, weeds, grass and tree limbs or shrub limbs.
- Weeds: Any vegetation which is, or is likely to be, detrimental, destructive or unsightly and difficult to control or eradicate, including but not limited to bull thistle, cocklebur, foxtail, horseweed, lamb's quarters, London rocket, mallow, milkweed, pigweed, mustards, prickly lettuce, ragweed, Russian thistle, shepard's purse, sow thistle, white horse nettle, willow weed and those types of plant growth defined as noxious weeds by A.R.S. § 3-201 regardless of whether a particular property owner or occupant who is the subject of enforcement action under this Code regards the growth as desirable.
- Yard Sales: Casual sales of miscellaneous merchandise occurring without regularity, and no more than 3 such sales per annum held a maximum of 10 day each.