3700 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman, AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 757-7467
Fax: (928) 757-8340
Street Department Superintendent
The City of Kingman Street Department currently has 11 employees, including one superintendent, one crew leader, one electrician, one sign technicians, and seven equipment operators.
The Street Department maintains streets within the city limits of Kingman, which include 208 miles of paved and 17 miles of dirt streets. Annual rotating overlay and chip seal programs help preserve the streets. Approximately 350 lane miles of street surfaces are swept each month. The Street Department maintains 900 street lights and 24 traffic signals.
Locations of traffic signals maintained by the City of Kingman:
- 4th and Andy Devine Avenue
- Stockton Hill Road and Andy Devine Avenue
- Tucker and Andy Devine Avenue
- Grandview and Beale Street
- 1st and Beale Street
- 4th and Beale Street
- Stockton Hill Road and Club
- Stockton Hill Road and Detroit
- Stockton Hill Road and Sycamore
- Stockton Hill Road and Airway Avenue
- Airway Avenue and Willow Road
- Airway Avenue and the Wal*Mart entrance
- Stockton Hill Road and Kino
- Stockton Hill Road at the Home Depot entrance
- Stockton Hill Road and Gordon
- Stockton Hill Road and Northern
- Harrison and Beverly
- Bank Street and Airway Avenue
- HMR and Railroad
- 8th and Andy Devine
- Airway and Yavapai
- Santa Rosa and Medical center
- Stockton Hill and National Bank
- Harrison and Airway
- Bank and Northern (County)
- Lead Man
- Sign Technician
- Operator A (5)
- Operator B (1)
The mission of the Public Works Street Department is to provide for the safe and efficient movement of traffic by providing well maintained streets, sidewalks, and lighting systems, and to provide the best possible customer service.
- To complete all maintenance and construction projects in a professional manner.
- Respond to and complete projects for our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Utilize the most up to date and cost effective equipment and materials available for maintenance activities.
- Maintain paved streets, street’s right of way, and alleys to provide a clean atmosphere for city residents and visitors.
- To provide a well maintained sidewalk system for pedestrian travel.
- To provide a well maintained street lighting and traffic signaling system.