The City of Kingman Sanitation Department and the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality are pleased to announce changes to Kingman’s EZ Recycling Drop Program. Beginning on July 1, 2019, the seven locations will be centralized into one convenient, managed location at the City of Kingman Public Works Department, 3700 E. Andy Devine Avenue. Hours for the new drop off location are:
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Constant issues with contamination and the cost of recycling has caused the City of Kingman to make these changes to the Kingman EZ Recycling Drop Program. Sanitation Department employees will be present at the drop site to assist and educate people about their recycling and to help prevent contamination. "THE KEY TO RECYCLING IS SEPARATION"
Recyclable Items Accepted:
- Glass Jars & Bottles (clear, green and brown)
- Plastic #1 - PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) - Soda & Water Bottles ONLY
- Plastic #2 - HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) - Milk Jugs, Detergent bottles, Oil bottles,
- Aluminum Cans
- Paper and Newspapers ( no magazines or junk mail)
- Steel, aluminum and tin cans
The electronic recycling bin is currently at the main entrance of the Public Works Department. This bin will be moved to the same location as the other EZ Recycling Drop Program bins. Signs are posted to direct you to the new drop off location.
Electronic Items Accepted:
- Key Boards
- Fax Machines
- Cell Phones
Items NOT Accepted:
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Plastic #3 - PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) such as clear plastic food wrap, cooking oil bottles, toys or pipe
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Plastic #4 - LDPE (Low-Density Polyethylene) such as plastic bags, shrink wrap plastics, garbage can liners, bread bags or produce bags
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Plastic #5 - PP (Polypropylene) such as yogurt containers, disposable diapers, butter tubs, ketchup & syrup bottles or ice tea jugs
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Plastic #6 - PS (Polystyrene) such as styrofoam packing materials, cups, clam shell food containers or styrofoam egg cartons
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Plastic #7 Other (BPA Polycarbonate and LEXAN) such as baby bottles, plastic food containers, sippy cups or toys
Other items NOT Accepted:
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - Magazines, hard or soft cover books
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - shiny paper
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - junk mail
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - paper napkins, paper plates or cups, tissues
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - batteries
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - needles, syringes or any type of medical waste
- WE DON'T ACCEPT - food or liquids
Items accepted or not accepted may change! Talk to a Sanitation Department team member when you drop of your recyclables! And remember that... "THE KEY TO RECYCLING IS SEPARATION"
The City of Kingman and the Sanitation Department appreciate the community's support of the new location. We look forward to helping everyone at the drop site. For any questions regarding the changes please call Sanitation Superintendent Ed Tapia at (928) 692-3102.